Anxiety has many detrimental effects on our physical and emotional lives. It tends to affect everything we do negatively when we allow it to have a foothold in our lives.
You cannot run away from the reality that every so often we are going to find ourselves confronting situations that are bigger than us. Situations where we cannot do anything about it by ourselves.
Circumstances that often threaten the destruction or the end of everything we have worked for, situations that can scuttle our dreams, and sometimes situations that threaten our very existence. But this is not a god reason to be anxious and worried.
In fact, when we are in pursuit of our God-given dreams/visions, we are most likely to come across these kinds of situations. This is because God will always give us dreams that are bigger than us, dreams that will make us depend on Him to actualize them.
The situation may be daunting, so hopeless and impossible that you may not be able to see any way out of that circumstances. Yet, we are encouraged to be anxious about NOTHING! (Phil 4:6).
Nothing?? Yes, nothing my dear. It does not matter how you feel or think about that situation or problem before you, He that is bigger than everything else, your creator says whatever it is that causes you to be worried, depressed, anxious, sad, agitated is nothing before Him.
When you worry about anything, you are essentially saying that God is too small to deal with this big issue or you are telling God that you don’t trust Him to take care of you or you are questioning His ability to solve that situation.
And come to think of it; worry, anxiety, agitation and everything that comes with it only takes away from you. It drains you physically, emotionally, mentally etc. leaving you empty without changing the situation or giving you any benefit at all.
Do you know that suicidal thoughts are often the end result of anxiety and worry? Anxiety and worry often lead to depression which leads to hopelessness and suicidal thoughts, attempts of suicide and suicide.
When you getting worried about a situation, your mind is forced to imagine all the extreme and negative outcomes that you don’t want to have.
This leaves you with a sense of hopelessness, shame and doom because you cannot see a way out of it.
The feeling of gloom, hopelessness, shame and doom pushes the victim to do the unthinkable. This is what the devil knows how to do very well.
So Why Shouldn’t I Worry?
I can hear someone saying “If only you know the situation that I am in right now, it looks hopeless, impossible, and I don’t even know what to do…” This is why your heavenly father does not want you to be anxious.
One of the things we should know about such impossible situations is that our brains cannot handle it or find perfect solutions to such problems. That is why we need the help of God.
Such situations are avenues that God uses to demonstrate His omnipotence, omniscience and supernatural abilities in our lives. If we learn to depend on Him in such situations, we will always have supernatural experiences of His interventions in our lives.
Countless experiences have shown that God takes pleasure in fighting these battles on our behalf. He knows our frame, He created us and He knows that we cannot handle these kinds of challenges.
When these situations come up against us, they are not actually challenging us but rather, they challenge the authority and power of God in our lives.
That is why God always gives the instruction that “the battle is the Lord’s”. He takes it on Himself to deal with such situations to the glory of His name.
This was clearly shown in the experience the Israelites had at the crossing of the red sea when they left Egypt for the promised land.
It was also demonstrated when the people of Assyria, Ammon and Mount Seir formed a coalition and came in battle against King Jehoshaphat and the Israelites to destroy him (II Chron. 20: 1- 29)
God also considered it an affront on Himself when the three Hebrews boys in Babylon (Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego) were faced with and thrown into the fiery burning furnace by King Nebuchadnezzar (Dan. 3:16).
There are numerous if not countless accounts that have shown how God shows Himself strong on behalf of His people in the midst of such impossible situations.
Things You Must Understand to Stop Worry and Anxiety
When you are confronted with a difficult or impossible situation that makes you worried and you don’t know what to do; always remember this -:
- God is with You -: He has said: I’ll never leave you or forsake you; (Heb. 13:5, Josh. 1:5). I have inscribed you in the palm of my hand...(Is 49:16). God is always with you, even when you think He is far from you. No matter what condition you find yourself in, even if you are feeling worthless, filthy and deserving of your circumstances; ALWAYS know tha
t His word is always true. He will never leave you, and He will always be with you.
- God Will Never Allow Anything to Destroy You -: Always know that for every difficult or impossible situation that comes your way; He will always provide a solution (I Cor. 10:13). It is our responsibility to seek Him and find a good solution. It is important to seek Godly counsel to help you make such decisions.
- He is All Powerful -: Nothing is impossible with Him, with Him ALL things are possible (Matt. 19:26). There is nothing that is beyond God or impossible for Him to do. All we have to do is to believe in His ability to do it.
- He is All-Knowing -: God knows the end from the beginning, He knew you while you were still unborn, and He cares for you, and He has good plans for you. (Jer 29:11)
- He Does Not Exist in Time -: God is not limited by time, in a twinkling of an eye He can do whatever He wants to do (II Kgs 7:1). A thousand years are like one year before Him….. (II Pet. 3:8). What you think will take a long time to do, God can accomplish it in a split second of time.
- No Situation is Too Late for Him to Intervene -: Even when everybody has given up hope, He can bring a dead situation back to life (John 11:38-44) Lazarus was dead and buried for days but called Him back to life. God can give life to situations that are considered dead in your life. He can cause such situations to blossom again when you don’t give up.
- His Ways are Beyond our Ways and Thoughts -: God does not work or operate in our realm and our natural thoughts and reasoning cannot comprehend how He operates. He has the prerogative of doing what pleases Him in our lives. But we can be rest assured that His intentions and plans for us are the best. Hence, when we cannot comprehend what He is doing, we should not be worried or impatient. He will always perfect all that concerns us in our best interest.
What Should I do, if I Am Not Supposed to be Anxious?
Instead of worrying and being anxious, we can use all of that energy to put your trust in God and express our confidence in Him. Let’s show God that we trust His ability to deliver us from such situation.
Have faith in God (Mark 11:22), Trust in God; believe in Him and His ability to change the situation.
Receive by faith what you have asked for by confessing it and give thanks to God because we know that He will do it, and the end of the situation will be good.
Wait patiently for it, because sometimes it may look like God is wasting time. The solution may not be coming as fast as you want it. But always remember that God does not intervene in any situation late. He always intervenes at the right time.
Lastly, ALWAYS remember to be anxious for NOTHING!
Have you ever had an impossible situation where God intervened on your behalf? Kindly share your experience with us, it will certainly encourage someone.